DAVID SUZUKI FOUNDATION
About the David Suzuki Foundation
Always grounded in sound evidence, the David Suzuki Foundation empowers people to take action in their communities on the environmental challenges we collectively face.
Through evidence-based research, policy analysis, education and citizen empowerment, we conserve and protect the natural environment to create a sustainable Canada.
Our mission is to protect nature’s diversity and the well-being of all life, now and for the future. Our vision is that we all act every day on the understanding that we are One With Nature. #OneNature
You can learn more about us at www.davidsuzuki.org
The David Suzuki Foundation hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equality and diversity within its community and to a welcoming and inclusive workplace.
We especially welcome applications from Indigenous persons, visible minority group members, women, persons with different abilities, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Job Title: Digital Engagement Specialist, Quebec
Conditions: Permanent, full-time (4-day week)
Location: Montreal (with remote work during the Covid-19 pandemic)
Immediate supervisor: Director of Communications and Engagement (Quebec)
Salary: 50-55k salary based on experience
- Are you a talented digital community and engagement specialist who loves working for climate and communities?
- Are you passionate about communicating effectively in order to engage, inspire and motivate audiences to take action?
- Do you want to work with a team of exceptionally talented and bright people to make a real difference in the world and tackle the environmental issues of our times?
You and the job
We are a group of exceptionally talented, bright and passionate people working to make a difference. We’re looking for a collaborative, solutions-oriented Digital Engagement Specialist who will play a critical role in the success of the Quebec Communications and Engagement team.
You are a positive person who is creative and brings new solutions and perspectives to our online voice and engagement. You comfortably support and execute digital content and initiatives across our key social media and online channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
You help build awareness of the SDS and our campaigns to drive acquisition, retention, engagement, awareness and donations. You possess excellent writing, communication and digital marketing skills as well as expertise in digital platforms and multimedia social content.
You have an intellectual curiosity for emerging technologies, enjoy staying on top of digital trends and are passionate about raising awareness and online engagement across all of our digital and social channels.
You are a natural speaker and writer and are a master at communicating with our online audience across a variety of digital channels in a consistent, strong and engaging voice, while taking into account the diverse needs of the audience and the broad goals of our organization.
You enjoy building constructive online dialogues that will inspire action.
Your knowledge of our campaigns, current environmental issues, social justice causes and current events allows you to respond and develop creative and insightful messages tailored to different audience profiles in a timely manner.
You are a valued and essential team member with a broad knowledge of content marketing fundamentals, a track record of producing creative and shareable content, and an excellent working knowledge of multiple digital platforms and tools.
- Contribute to the Foundation’s overall social media strategy in Quebec, including the acquisition and retention of French-speaking supporters.
- Help new Quebec and francophone audiences discover our work on climate, sustainable communities and nature.
- Coordinate and maintain an editorial calendar for social posts, particularly for content written and published in French.
- Collaborate with a team of regional and national social media and content producers. Help coordinate our digital work on climate, endangered species, biodiversity, renewable energy, environmental rights, green living, sustainable communities, and other environmental, lifestyle, political, and social justice issues to make the most of our extensive online and social media reach.
- Advise social media community management, communications and engagement staff, and build relationships with our online community to maintain healthy dialogue and sharing across all our social media and digital platforms.
- Help develop powerful and engaging social experiences and engagement opportunities for our supporters, while growing our digital presence and extending the reach and impact of our work.
- Conduct regular social marketing campaigns and track their success and areas for improvement.
- Review and analyze social media KPIs on a weekly, monthly and/or quarterly basis and turn the data collected into actionable recommendations.
- Work closely with the Communications and Engagement Specialists and the Graphic Design Specialist to coordinate graphic and video design services for campaigns and initiatives presented on our online and social channels.
- Help raise the profile of our key Quebec spokespeople on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Proactively seek opportunities to enhance and strengthen our communications and showcase our work through digital storytelling.
- Work cross-functionally to design and implement online and social media strategies for virtual and on-the-ground, national and local events.
- Ensure all social touchpoints align with brand guidelines.
- Collaborate with national and Quebec digital teams to develop digital initiatives and ads that are effective in increasing lead generation, website visits and supporter acquisition and retention.
- Maintain an excellent understanding of social media and digital trends, and proactively seek out opportunities to leverage this knowledge at SDS.
Skills, experience and training required
- At least three to five years of accredited experience in social media, marketing, and digital communications, or a combination of training and work experience.
- Experience with content marketing and social media narrative hooks.
- Proven ability to work across all social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Technical ability with digital tools, technologies, and practices, including analytics (Google Analytics).
- Experience in the following areas:
- Facebook Business Manager and aspects of social advertising, including ad creation, targeting, and analysis for Facebook and Instagram.
- Adapting content for digital channels and meeting audience needs.
- Writing content for search engine optimization (SEO).
- Commitment and passion for thoroughness and accountability; ability to use digital measurement systems and analyze project results.
- Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills.
- Exceptional written communication skills in French; excellent communication skills in English.
- Strong analytical skills and experience working with Google Analytics, Hootsuite or other social listening tools.
- Graphic design skills, including Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop, a big plus.
- Experience working with media relations teams to integrate traditional and social media strategies.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong interest in social justice and environmental movements and online advocacy.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong ability to be creative on the fly.
- Demonstrated ability to handle high-stress situations with calm and poise.
- Proven ability to adapt quickly to changing conditions and requirements.
- Positive attitude that energizes and influences the team.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced
- Demonstrated autonomy, driven by your own initiative to prioritize competing demands and deliver high quality products in a timely manner.
- Strong personal values aligned with the mission and values of SDS, demonstrated through work or community involvement.
What you get:
- Being part of a dynamic team
- A host of benefit.
- A 4-day work week
- An incredible work culture
- A chance to make an impact on the health of the planet
- Experience working in a technology-driven organization
Please submit your cover letter and your resume online and submit your application by going to https://davidsuzuki.org/careers/
The position will stay open until it is filled. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
We recognize the importance of a diversified workforce, and we encourage women, Indigenous People(s), First Nations, Inuk/ Inuit and Métis candidates, members of visible minorities and persons with different abilities to apply.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.