Boys and Girls Clubs of South Coast BC
Summary of Responsibilities
The Office Boy/Assistant will provide office support to employment and counselling programs at BGC’s North Delta Office.
· Provides administrative and office support, including word processing, data entry, typing services, the production of reports, and other documentation.
· Receives and screens all inbound telephone calls, emails, and visitors to the North Delta office; refers and/or redirects calls, emails, or visitors as applicable.
- Easy Ways To Migrate To Canada – 100% Working Guide
- Confused On How To Immigrate To Canada? Few Steps To Guide You
- How to improve CRS score for Canada Express Entry
- Canada Express Entry — Everything you need to know
- Health Insurance For Foreigners In Canada
- 6 Ultimate Steps To Get Job Offers in Canada
- How to Live and Work in Canada
- Canadian Citizenship Test? All you Need to Know!
· Follows BGC standards, guidelines, and policies while undertaking office support duties.
· Maintains a safe, welcoming, and respectful atmosphere in the reception area.
· Informs the Manager of any problems or concerns that may arise through phone inquiries, email or in office visitors, participants, or staff.
· Maintains appropriate records and sign-ins and ensures all required documentation is accurate and complete.
· Assists program staff with administrative requests and general office support as needed.
· Responds to fax, email, and mail communications and ensures they go out to appropriate staff persons.
· Assists with special projects and research as directed.
· Cooperates and works with the North Delta Office staff in carrying out safety/emergency procedures.
· Other related duties as required or assigned.
· Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search preceding start date.
· A certificate in a related field with additional training in office systems, office communications, etc., or a combination of education and relevant experience.
· One year of direct work experience in a secretarial and/or receptionist capacity.
· Hands-on experience with word processing, spreadsheets, email, and presentation software.
· Good typing and writing skills with attention to detail including spelling, punctation and grammar
· Able to write and format correspondence, including memos, letters, etc.
· Good time management skills, multitasking, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
· Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude.
· Resourceful and flexible.
· Previous experience handling confidential or sensitive information.
· General mathematical and budgeting skills.
· Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering, as well as inventory control of these items.
· Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases.
· Good interpersonal skills and personable phone manner.
Applicants must be between 16 and 30 years of age, a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
This is a temporary full time (35 hours per week) position from December 2021 to February 2022.
Position will remain open until filled.
TO APPLY: www.bgcbc.ca/work/
Thank you in advance to all persons who apply for this position. Please note that only those selected for interview will be contacted.
BGC recognizes the value and importance of building and sustaining a culturally diverse environment and commits to intentional efforts to reflect that (along with our values) in all that we do. BGC has always been committed to diversity, and we believe that articulating our commitment to it in this way will support the ongoing evolution of this in our work going forward.
For employees, participants, volunteers, donors, and the community, we demonstrate that commitment through:
· Recruitment, employment, development, and promotion practices that are barrier free
· Encouraging representatives of diverse identities (race, national or ethnic origin, language, spiritual beliefs, age, gender, sexual identity, marital status, family structure, political beliefs, mental or physical ability, or socioeconomic status) to apply for available positions, participate in programs, and/or engage with BGC
· Making decisions based solely on an individual’s qualifications, merit, performance, and organizational needs
Contract length: 3 months
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: From $1.00 per hour
BGC is taking additional COVID-19 precautions in the office
About the Company
Company: Boys and Girls Clubs of South Coast BC –
Company Location: Delta, BC
To apply for this job please visit www.bgcbc.ca.