Overview of Statistics Canada
Statistics Canada Job Openings: Statistics Canada (StatCan) will conduct the next census in May 2021 and is staffing 32,000 jobs across Canada. Individuals are being hired to be part of this large-scale national project in communities both big and small to collect crucial data that will be used to plan for the future. While recruitment is going well, we are still hiring across the country.
StatCan has adapted its approach for the 2021 Census to the COVID-19 reality to ensure that every Canadian has an opportunity to be heard and that the census is conducted in the best and safest way possible.
Census procedures have been redesigned to ensure the safety of respondents and census employees by limiting the amount of contact required to participate in this important undertaking. This will enable the majority of Canadians to complete the questionnaire through an efficient, secure and user-friendly online application.
All equipment required to keep census employees safe during the pandemic will be provided by StatCan, and employees will work close to home, in their local communities. Census staff will identify dwellings on maps, follow up with respondents by phone and conduct physically distanced in-person interviews, when required.
A variety of supervisory and non-supervisory opportunities are available between March and July 2021.
Statistics Canada Jobs Salary Details
- The rate of pay varies by position—from $17.83 to $21.77 per hour.
- In select northern and remote communities, the rate of pay ranges from $29.25 to $31.25 per hour.
- All employees are paid for authorized expenses.
To apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must be a Canadian citizen or be entitled to work in Canada.
- You must have a Canadian home address.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada and able to commit to a flexible work schedule (primarily in the evening and on weekends).
Your application will not be considered if you do not meet the screening criteria.
How often can I apply?
- Do not apply more than once for the same selection process number.
- You will be considered for all levels of positions you indicate an interest in.
Providing false or fraudulent information
Any false or fraudulent information will result in:
- The rejection of your application and elimination from the selection process.
- The revocation of your job, if you have already been hired.
What you will need to complete this application
In order to save time, we recommend that you gather the following information:
- Current or previous paid / voluntary work experience.
Include the name of employer, address, job title, period of employment.
- Names of two persons who have supervised your work or know of your work and to whom we may refer in confidence.
It is important to complete this job application in full.
Available Statistics Canada Job Openings by Province
Please select the province or territory where you want to work.
- Available Statistics jobs in Alberta
- Available Statistics Jobs in British Columbia
- Available Statistics Jobs in Manitoba
- Available Statistics Jobs in New Brunswick
- Available Statistics Jobs in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Available Statistics Jobs in Northwest Territories
- Available Statistics Jobs in Nova Scotia
- Available Statistics Jobs in Nunavut
- Available Statistics Jobs in Ontario
- Available Statistics Canada Jobs in Prince Edward Island
- Available Statistics Jobs in Quebec
- Available Statistics Jobs in Saskatchewan
- Available Statistics Canada Jobs in Yukon Territory
If there is no position available in your area, you can still send your application form for future needs. Click the button below to Apply now.
To apply for this job please visit www68.statcan.gc.ca.