Anglophone South School District
IT SHARED SERVICES – ANGLOPHONE SOUTH SCHOOL DISTRICT
INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING TEMPORARY POSITION CURRENTLY SUPPORTING
COMPETITION # TSPL1-19
TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT SPECIALIST: LEVEL I
Location – Hampton Education Centre
Pay Band 3 SBO ($1544 – $2471 biweekly)
Effective immediately to April 29, 2022 with possibility of extension
Under the direction of the Level 2 Technician and/or Information Systems Manager, this employee is responsible to provide day-to-day technical support of LANs, Fortinet firewalls hardware, software and peripherals, Active Directory, Notebook Application, Help Desk Client, Inventory Asset Management to schools and district offices.
- Carry out the installation, configuration, maintenance, update and administration of network operating systems on school and district office servers. (Fortinet firewalls, switches and access points)
- Carry out the installation; configuration, maintenance, update, administration and inventory of hardware and software.
- Respond to clients’ needs through established call tracking system (help desk) and/or other systems.
- Carry out maintenance of Help Desk application -client
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems relating to networks, workstations and software applications.
- Install and troubleshoot network cabling, at the discretion of the district.
- Carry out maintenance of accounts using Active Directory or Azure.
- Carry out maintenance of notebook application
- Keep school and district staff informed of any changes, repairs or updates to their information systems.
- Technical liaison between schools, districts, service providers and department of education staff.
- Assist in the management and upkeep of the provincial inventory database in schools.
- Assist in the management and protection of identified critical data in schools.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned by the Level 2 Technician and/or Information Systems Manager.
- Successful completion of a recognized Computer Technology program or equivalent work experience.
- A+ certified and one or more of the following certifications: CCNA, MCSE, MCP would be an asset. Must be ready to acquire other certifications as required.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience as a computer technician who has worked with network operating systems.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience related to the position may be accepted.
Necessary Special Requirements
- Must be able to work as part of a team, as well as being able to work independently with a diverse client base.
- Must be physically fit, as this position requires lifting an average of 40 lbs.
- Must have good leadership and organizational skills.
- Expected to stay abreast of latest technology developments.
- Must have demonstrated strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and transportation for travel within NB as required.
- Must have Canadian residency
Applications must include a current resume and the names of three work-related references. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com quoting the competition # in the subject line.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Subject to the response of this competition, education and/or experience requirements may be changed.
Thank you in advance for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Criminal record check will be required as a condition of employment for the successful candidate.
Competition closes December 7, 2021 at 12:00 pm (Noon)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we promote a scent-free environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.careerbeacon.com.